Sunday, February 08, 2009

When I was in grad school, I cooked, but it usually wasn't very good. Hamburgers, mac and cheese, spaghetti, stuff like that. Since I finished grad school a few years ago, I haven't had to scrimp, so I haven't cooked much at all. For lunch I've usually gone to the burrito joint across the street. That changed this Christmas when I got a Cuisinart and a bunch of cook books and cooking gear. I've been making my own sorbets for a few weeks now. So far I've made batches of lime-basil, honeydew melon-mint, and raspberry-anise. And for lunch I've found two recipes that taste good reheated. Here's one of them, an Orange Sizhuan Chicken, before it goes into the fridge.


To top it off, eating this way is usually cheaper than going out, although I do have to be careful when I go to Whole Foods. Change is good.

No comments: